Idea management software tools use the ideas campaign approach to idea management in order to focus your creative thinking on specific business issues. What is idea or ideas management? Idea management is the ability to capture feedback or insights from internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of adding this feedback into future products or product releases. The key is to focus on a specific challenge. Years ago, Suggestion Schemes often failed due to be too general. To ask for “good ideas”, is not specific and therefore will miss the target. Good ideas need to be relevant to your challenges. Here is how idea management software solutions software solutions work reviewed by Capterra. The way it works is simple. Imagine your company or organisation starts to use one of the idea management software tools, this is a typical step by step process you will follow.
How Idea Management Software Solutions Work
- An idea manager sets up an ideas campaign on a specific innovation challenge, a new idea, new product or service idea.
- For a limited period time, typically four weeks, you and your colleagues are invited to submit ideas that respond to the challenge. In addition, you may browse other ideas and even build on ideas you believe you can improve. You just click on the appropriate links within the tool.
- Dependent upon the particular software tool you choose there are options for rewards. For every idea and building block you submit, you can in some ideas tools get a reward point. You can get additional reward points if your idea progresses to the review stage.
- At the end of the idea generation phase of a campaign, it will be closed to new ideas. At this time, you begin reviewing ideas. The review process includes evaluating ideas against a set of criteria, SWOT analysis and general idea testing such as through business case development, market surveys and similar activities.
- During the entire process, systems offer options such as the ability to send e-mail notifications; for example of new ideas, new building blocks as well as when your ideas are sent to evaluation.
- At the end of the campaign, you will hope to have some good, viable ideas for implementation.
- In general, you should find these tools easy to use. Most pages include descriptive text and are self explanatory. Nevertheless, if you have any questions please call or e-mail us.
New Products, Services or Specific Challenges
How idea management software solutions software solutions work therefore really is to be flexible enough to help manage ideas to do with:
- Any other specific challenges across your organisation or business
We have extensive experience in this field, so if you need help or have any questions or ideas, do not hesitate to contact us on 01202 706 975.